Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Intro

My name is Ami and I am a junior, journalism major at Northeastern University. I have chosen to focus my blog on health and fitness, more specifically incorporating these ideas into a busy college lifestyle. Sometimes it is difficult to find a balance between, work, school, studying, social activities, exercising, eating right, and getting enough rest. I think everyone is always looking for new ideas and advice about staying fit, losing weight, getting in shape, and most importantly living a healthy and happy lifestyle.

During the wintertime in Boston, the frigid weather makes you want to hibernate indoors until the spring. The hardest part about going to the Marino Center to work out is battling the cold. Also, you don't always have enough time to work out as often as you would like. I want to offer workout ideas you can do in your dorm or apartment and fun ways to stay active. I hope to suggest pointers to make the most out the time you do spend at the gym.

Two good websites to look at are http://www.shape.com/getfit/ and http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/. They have a variety of articles and information on getting fit and eating healthy.

No comments: