Sunday, February 11, 2007

Energy Drinks: a Devil in Disguise

The Boston Globe published an article about energy drinks today. Sometimes energy drinks can be a quick fix during mid-terms and finals. How many times have you seen companies giving away free samples on Northeastern's campus?? The few times I have had an energy drink, I wasn't impressed. I couldn't sit still and it definitely didn't help me focus. You have a crazy sugar high and then your body just crashes. The aim of the story was that caffeine and energy drinks aren't healthy. The amount of caffeine in most drinks is more than the FDA limit. I'm not a big fan of Red Bull, but if it gets you through finals week that's great. Don't make a habit out of drinking them. If you're drinking three or four Red Bulls to get through the day then I think you need help!!!

No comments: